Search McConkie Menu

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Swedish Almond Cake

This is a recipe my family's been making for a long time. My mom would make an individual mini cake just for me in a small pie tin when I was little. I loved it!


1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2 beaten eggs
1 square (4 oz.) melted margarine
1 teaspoon almond flavoring
slivered almonds-garnish



Mix all ingredients (except the slivered almonds) together as little as possible. Everything should be incorporated, but it should still be lumpy--this is key! and what makes the cake rise and fluff. Pour into greased and floured pie plate. Sprinkle slivered almonds on top to nicely cover (optional). Bake at 350 F/180 C for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely and cover with plastic wrap after it cools.


3 comments:

  1. I really liked this dessert. Thanks, Marijke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute you died it pink for Valentines. It looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete