Search McConkie Menu

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pantry Honey-Mustard Chicken

The other day I found myself at 6pm without dinner plans. Instead of running to Little Caesars immediately, I stopped to think for a minute. I remembered coming across this recipe while reading through a recipe book and decided to give it a shot. It is totally kid friendly, my 2 year old gobbled it right up. And an added bonus was that we had everything on hand. This is definitely not an entertaining recipe, but good for a quick, easy, last minute meal that your family will eat.


1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise, regular or light
2 (12.5 ounce) cans chicken, drained
2 TBsp honey
1 TBsp spicey brown mustard
1/4 tsp pepper

chopped peanuts
cooked white or brown rice

Place soup, mayo, drained chicken, honey, mustard, and pepper in a large skillet. Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring to break up chicken pieces. Serve over rice and top with lots of chopped peanuts.

4 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy! And I have all these things on hand too... well except the mayo. Do you think it would be good if i left that out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it would be fine if you left the mayo out. Just throw in some plain yogurt or sour cream if you have any and a sqeeze of lemon juice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last night, Ben went gaga for it! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete