Search McConkie Menu

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Nutella Rice Krispy Treats

This is a recipe that I found while perusing Pinterest a few weeks ago. It looked super quick and easy, and the addition of Nutella really intrigued me. I seriously love that stuff, and had just happened to purchase a Costco size bottle last month! :) Since I had all the ingredients on hand I thought I might give it a whirl... Nevermind I had no reason to make these, my husband doesn't eat chocolate, and I had no one in mind to share them with! I'm pregnant, thats my excuse.


Nutella Rice Krispy Treats



  • 5 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
  • 1 (10.5 oz) Bag Mini Marshmallows
  • 1/4 Cup Butter
  • 1 Cup of Nutella
  • 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
  • 1 Cup Nutella
  • 1 TBSP. Shortening

Measure out Rice Krispies cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, 
melt butter and marshmallows together until smooth.
Once marshmallows and butter have melted together,
 add 1 cup Nutella and stir until well combined.
Pour marshmallow mixture over the cereal.
Stir to coat evenly.
Press into a greased pan  
(I used a 9x13 inch pan, but you can use whatever pan you would like to)

Topping:
Heat 1 cup Nutella, chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler 
over medium/medium low heat until smooth.
Spread over the top of Rice Krispy Treats.
Stick in the fridge and let it set up.
Eat and Enjoy!



adapted from chef in training

1 comment:

  1. You could have shared them with me :) They look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete