Search McConkie Menu

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Teriyaki Bowls

This recipe is actually one of Andrea's, but I made it last week and thought I would share it here. It was so delicious! The sauce was amazing and I just wanted to keep putting more in my bowl! It came together fairly quickly and I was able to do all the chopping and preparation earlier in the day while my babies were sleeping. This will be one we make again and again!!



Teriyaki Bowls

Sauce:
1 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
5 tablespoons packed Brown Sugar
1-2 tablespoons Honey
Chili Paste or Oil to your liking, optional (I did about 1/2 tsp chili oil)
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
1/4 Cup Cold Water

Sliced variety of stir fry veggies, such as:
Broccoli
Carrots
Zucchini
Onions
Peppers
Water Chestnuts
Baby Corn
Asparagus
etc.

Hot Cooked Rice
Grilled and sliced Chicken Breasts (approx. 2-4 breasts)


In a sauce pan, heat all the sauce ingredients except cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Dissolve cornstarch in water and slowly add to sauce mixture. Cook on medium heat, stirring until slightly thickened. If mixture gets to thick, just add more water to thin it to the consistency you like.

In a separate pan, sauté your vegetables until tender crisp.

Grill chicken to your liking. I went fairly basic because I wanted the flavors of the teriyaki sauce to be the boss in this dish. I just used a little salt, pepper, garlic and seasoning salt to give the chicken a little flavor. Slice up your chicken and layer it in a bowl with your hot cooked rice and vegetables. Pour the teriyaki sauce on top and enjoy!

1 comment: