Search McConkie Menu

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bran Muffins

Before you think I'm crazy for posting a recipe for Bran Muffins, just trust me that they are actually really good! I've had bran muffins in the past and never been a big fan, but these are so tasty, my 5 year old actually thought they were cupcakes. Being the true sweets connoisseur that I am, I wouldn't go that far... but these really are very good!! 





BRAN MUFFINS

1 1/2 Cups Wheat Bran
1 Cup Buttermilk
1/3 Cup  Applesauce
1 Egg
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Flour (I always use whole wheat)
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Raisins (*optional)


Mix all ingredients together. Spray muffin tins with non stick cooking spray. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

*You can also easily add nuts, or even chocolate chips. My kids (and husband) loved them plain! Also yummy with a little honey drizzled on top!

Recipe Courtesy: my good friend Becca T.


1 comment: